Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Its Good to be Bad-an obituary to someone’s love life

DISCLAIMER :This post is a satirical take on the life and incidents around the life of a Tech Professional in his late 20’s. I have tried my level best to be as impersonal as possible resemblances with real life are purely co incidental. This post has to be taken in a lighter vein rather than as a serious work. The incidents described may or may not have any resemblance to real life incidents in the writer’s life even though the blog is written in first person.




It’s ironic that this post is being written on Valentine’s day let’s say it was intentional in the first place.


Flash back – 10 years ago

I am hearing about Valentine ’s Day for the first time in my life. Its everywhere in the newspapers in the Television channels and what not. Incidentally I have absolutely no idea what it means the only thing that I could infer was it was a day of love. My consultation with an older friend of mine made it clear to me that it was celebration of someone special in your life. Alas! there is hardly anything I can do my interaction with fairer sex is the bare minimum and studying in a boy’s only school is also not helping my cause .Fair enough I’ll give this year a pass, next year I’ll be in college and I definitely will have a Valentine no worries.


Fast forward 1 year later

Have started to get the hang of a co-ed set up but nothing concrete has happened so far. All my trysts in this regard have been like dogs running after the cars that they have no intention of driving. But still I did not lose heart at least I have adjusted well to the new setting and have not been a bummer like countless of my friends who came from girls/boys only schools. It’s only a matter of time before something happens there is always a next time next year it is definite I say to myself.

But for some reason or the other the more I try the farther I go away from my goal. It’s like trying hard to hold sand in your fist the tighter you hold the more it slips out of your hand. But I didn’t lose heart. This ritual continued for some years and finally I grew tired of it and I said to myself screw Valentine’s day it’s not worth it.

Time passes on somewhere down the line after college I think that man is a social animal he needs a companion. Little do I realise that my first heart break is in the pipeline. I make the first proposal of my life to be promptly turned down. Man this is bad I say to myself the explanation is the usual stuff. “I have never seen you like that let’s remain friends”. Great! So much for friendship, oh common give me a break. It wasn’t easy as it sounds. It was my first time so it did take some time to recover from it. But I took it in a true sportsman spirit and moved on.

Luckily life changed a lot I started living on my own. I had far more things to worry than my first lost love. And moreover I was really busy. It was baby steps for me in the transition from a boy to a man. Gradually I got used to living alone and I was seeing people in relationships all around me as well as the former. And thanked my stars that I was single but deep inside me I yearned for companionship.

But alas again my romantic side took the better of me I think as time passes you end up where you started even if you never wanted to be there in the first place. The usual sequence of events started which culminates in the proposal and the heartbreak follows, no prizes for guessing. This time around the the catchphrase was “Even I have to feel it to right you can’t just hold a gun to my head and ask me to love you right “. Believe me guys this time around it wasn’t as hard as the first time, experience is indeed the best teacher.
As I was brooding over it I asked my close friend about it. He made an interesting observation I value his opinion very much because he himself is a player and a very successful one to. Dude you are a goody goody guy girls just see you as a go to guy when their going gets tough, in normal circumstances you are just nonexistent to them. For a change you should be mean. Oh right! I thought the next time around I will start acting mean when I am in a relationship. It reminded me of what Bruce Willis said in the latest Die Hard movie , Girls love to dig on your scars.

On an ending note once it so happened that one of my close friend had a pretty bad accident and I was visiting him in hospital he was pretty much bandaged up from head to toe . After seeing me and he requested us not to make him laugh because that would aggravate his pain. To which my friend retorted “let’s talk about Angelo’s love life which we all know is a tragedy”. To my amusement I found my bedridden friend in splits his folks were thankful to me saying that it was the first time that they saw him that happy after the accident. I think RIP my love life.





No comments:

Post a Comment